The International School in Kuala Lumpur provides its pupils with the prestigious IGCSE programme, which guarantees them admission to some of the world’s most prestigious universities. The Key Stage 4 syllabus gives students the opportunity to study concepts in depth. It confidently prepares them for more challenging programmes such as the IB diploma, A-levels, or other international curricula. This is a global curriculum that is commonly used in Malaysia.
Let’s take a closer look at the Key Stage 4 curriculum and see how it benefits kids.
The IGCSE or Key Stage 4 syllabus covers a wide range of disciplines for students aged 14 to 16. Students can choose from a menu of 70 disciplines and 30 languages. Among the topics available are:
- Global Perspectives on English Environmental Management
- Business Studies in Mathematics
- Accounting Economics GCE ‘O’ Level Ordinary Level
- The technology of Information and Communication
- The study of computers
- Second language English
- Second language options include French, Hindi, and Tamil.
Subjects can be chosen by students based on their interests and aptitude. These subjects assist students develop their creative thinking, problem-solving skills, and inquisitiveness. This International School in Kuala Lumpur’s expert faculty uses a unique teaching style to help their pupils hone their talents and achieve academic achievement.
Key Stage 4 Syllabus Advantages:
- The Key Stage 4 curriculum assists pupils in developing their investigative and critical thinking skills. The curriculum is inquiry-based, which serves to stimulate young learners’ inquisitive minds. They discuss ideas, share viewpoints, and investigate their study material, resulting in a healthy and happy learning experience.
- Subjects such as Information and Communication Technology prepare students for a future dominated by computer science.
- The IGCSE Key Stage 4 course develops students’ linguistic and cognitive capabilities, as well as their problem-solving abilities. All of this contributes to their overall personality development, academic growth, and advancement.
- Because this syllabus is widely recognised, kids can easily study abroad because colleges recognise the IGCSE qualification. It also makes it easier for students to transition and adapt to new curricula.
- The variety of disciplines helps each student to explore and apply their potential. Because individuals select subjects depending on their abilities and interests, kids learn with zest and passion.
- Because the IGCSE syllabus includes core and extended papers on the disciplines, students can select the basic or specialised level based on their ability. This allows students with learning difficulties to choose which subjects they want to focus on in-depth and which they want to get a general overview of.