Hong Kong is one of the 60 jurisdictions whose citizens could travel to NEW ZEALAND VISA FROM HONG KONG without having to request a New Zealand visa. However, if you want to spend more than 3 months in the country, you need to obtain a Visitor Visa. With iVisa, online processes are short, and you can have your visa in just a few days.

Frequently Asked Questions

I’m from Hong Kong, do I have to get a visa to go to New Zealand?

For sure. People from Hong Kong must have a Consular Tourist Visa. Sadly, we do not offer this visa, but we’re working hard to offer an electronic version in the future.

Remember that you can verify if you’re eligible for an e-Visa here. Just enter your nationality and the country you will go and then you will get the info.

What are the requirements?

iVisa does not ask very much of you. You must, however, provide some information and some documents when you apply. Here is what you need:

  • Passport – all applicants need to have a valid passport when they apply online. For that, assure that the document remains valid for another three months from your arrival in New Zealand.
  • Digital picture – the image has to meet all the guidelines to obtain a good passport photo.
  • Payment Options – you just need to use a credit or debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat to pay for your request.
  • Email – insert a proper email to receive your ETA. Remember that you need to have a copy of it.
  • Means of livelihood – once you are in New Zealand, you have to demonstrate that you can support yourself during your journey. If you provide a bank account statement, it will be sufficient.
  • Return flight ticket – you’ll need to show a return airline ticket to your native country (or different destination if you’re in transit.). In case you do not have those documents, you can prove that you have the financial means to buy one.

One other thing you should probably know is that you are obligated to disclose your criminal recordso you should have one. A criminal record can compel you to apply for a New Zealand visa even if you want to stay less than 3 months inside the country.

May I know the procedure times and fees?

If you apply for your e-Visa with iVisa, you’ll be able to choose one of the following:

  • Standard processing – obtain your NEW ZEALAND VISITOR VISA in 3 days, and pay a total of USD $95.99.
  • Rush processing – your eTA will be ready in 24 hours. The amount is USD $137.99 in total.
  • Super Rush processing – wait only 6 hours to get your electronic visa. All you have to pay is USD $184.99. It includes service fee.

How can I apply for this electronic visa?

It is easier for you to fill out the application form after you put together everything you need. And in case you need help, iVisa provides customer support 24/7. The service is free of charge.

The application form has three simple steps:

  1. Step number one consists of personal information and processing time. The first thing is easy to figure out, but you must pay attention to the second one. The processing time you select establishes the cost of your visa.
  2. Step two is about payment and revision. You have to make sure that all your information is correctly spelled and accurate. Otherwise, you may have to repeat the process due to an invalid visa.
  3. The last step is about uploading documents. iVisa needs a few documents from you, but you will get a list of everything you need. Once all three steps are complete, just hit the submit button, and you are done.

Do I need to get a New Zealand e-Visa if I travel with my children?

In that case, you have to apply for them separately. Remember that every traveler who plans to visit New Zealand will need a visa, even children.

Should I get a Visa or NZeTA to travel from Hong Kong to New Zealand? 

If you are planning a visit to New Zealand, depending on your length of visit and specific purpose of travel you can choose from different categories of visas to New Zealand or an eTA for New Zealand for your trip. 

For visits less than 90 days period you would find eTA for New Zealand as the quickest way to travel. 

Your eTA application would be processed in an all-online format and a lot of your time could be saved by avoiding in person visits to any office or embassy. 

Even those visiting New Zealand from Hong Kong for purposes other than tourism they too would find eTA a fairly simple way to visit New Zealand without needing a traditional visa. 

NZeTA or New Zealand eTA is also available for business, transit and other specific purposes. 

If you plan to stay in New Zealand for a period of more than 3 months then you must get a traditional visa to visit New Zealand from Hong Kong. 

What are the benefits of NZeTA for Hong Kong Citizens? 

By now, if you have finally made your decision to visit New Zealand for Hong Kong then you must know about the various benefits for travelling with a New Zealand eTA. 

NZeTA Versus Traditional visa 

A traditional visa is one of the ways in which you can travel to New Zealand. Then why should a traveller choose an eTA to visit New Zealand from Hong Kong? 

As a first time traveller from Hong Kong using NZeTA you must be aware of the following advantages that comes with travelling with NZeTA from Hong Kong: 

  • Compared to a traditional visa application, NZeTA or New Zealand eTA is an all online process which would save loads of your time from avoiding visits to any embassy or consulate. 
  • Another advantage of NZeTA includes its very simple application process which would take only a few minutes to complete. 
  • Travelling with an eTA from Hong Kong could be the best option for travellers wanting to visit New Zealand for a short period of time. Your NZeTA would allow you to stay in New Zealand for a period of 90 days. 
  • Since a NZeTA is valid for a period of 2 years since its date of issue, as a visitor from Hong Kong you will be allowed multiple entries to New Zealand within this period with a stay of maximum 90 days on each visit. 
  • As a Hong Kong citizen, if you are planning to transit from Auckland International Airport in New Zealand, then your NZeTA would also work as an authorization to transit through New Zealand.