By the end of the year 2027, almost every task will be Projected.” said many experts. So this one line shows the increasing importance of project management. Almost every firm now relies on project management as a critical strategic component to offer something valuable that will boost its reputation and brand value. Effective resource, task, and accountability allocation help businesses avoid compromising factors like budget, scope, and time.
In fact, it is an essential element in achieving company success and may rank as one of the top priorities for future objectives in any corporation. It has a number of benefits that can help with project activity streamlining, risk mitigation, possible loss reduction, and improved project performance. Additionally, it guarantees that businesses take charge of current projects, ensuring that they are on course and adhering to the budget, time, and scope requirements. The most significant benefit is that project management brings direction and leadership to any project to make it a big hit.
In today’s competitive era, every organization understands the true value of project management as it can help them reach the next level of productivity, performance, customer satisfaction, brand value, and many other important goals. So companies are willing to invest more and more in this sector, hiring skilled project managers, and implementing powerful project management for their business growth. It increases the demand for project professionals who have project management certifications like PMP or CAPM certification, etc.
So here, this article will illuminate whether CAPM certification is worth it.
CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management ) certification is a credential that is specially designed for candidates who are preparing for entry-level project management job roles. It is offered by PMI ( Project Management Institute), which is a leading organization in project management. It helps them learn the skills required to learn essential fundament project managemental tools and techniques. Achieving this certification can be the first stepping stone to a career in the management field.
The cost for CAPM certification is $ 225 for PMI members and $300 for non-PMI members. It is an exam of 150 questions, and candidates have 3 hours to complete it. Further, CAPM certification holders have to earn 15 PDUs every three years to maintain the certification. This certification is considered a valuable asset that can distinguish you in the job market and can increase your credibility and effectiveness while working on a project individually and working with a team. It also can help you manage project challenges within your team and your organization for assured project success. This certification enables project managers to understand the process involved in assessing changes in the organization to help evolve and improve.
Several people are frequently asking the question that is a CAPM certification worth it or not. Then the answer is definitely “Yes”. CAPM is worth investing time, money, and effort in if someone is considering a career in project management. At present and over the next ten years, the demand for project managers is increasing faster than the demand for another workforce in other sectors. So it is clear that there will be no shortage of opportunities in this drastic domain to explore your potential and expertise.
So having a CAPM certification can be a smart choice for beginners in this field. Professional designation of this certification can go a long way in showing employers that the candidate is serious about his/her chosen career path.
There are many project management certifications available, but they are not actually worth it and similar to just getting their feet wet in the market. But having CAPM certification is a great way to start because it is offered by the world’s leading organization PMI. It is actually one of the easiest professional designations to achieve in the project management field. So investing in this certification can lead to a huge number of benefits for career growth and new opportunities.
Advantages of CAPM Certification- Following mentioned are some of the important benefits of achieving CAPM certification that can prove it is worth it investing time and money.
- Wider Knowledge- learning and achieving CAPM certification helps you gain more knowledge by just only sinking some hours into learning through some courses like GoSkills courses that can lay the basic necessities to tackle a project management career with confidence and make a name for yourself in an in-demand field.
- Career Incentives- For many job roles, CAPM is required as a prerequisite that can help candidates launch their careers as they move into new roles and increased responsibilities in an organization. Employers take it as a trustworthy credential as CAPM holders have proven they can handle enhanced responsibilities.
- Worldwide Opportunities- It is known that CAPM is offered by PMI, so it is a well-known, globally recognized, popular, and sought-after credential. It can help candidates work anywhere and can offer you the golden opportunity to travel around the world for better projects. These certification holders have special project skills, so they can get transferred to international locations by employers.
- Leadership Skills- CAPM certification helps you become a perfect and confident project lead. It can boost project management knowledge and infuses leadership skills into candidates to lead their team and organization. It helps candidates to manage a team effectively in a variety of working environments. So achieving this certification can play a vital resource in any business operation.
- Higher Salary- It has been reported that CAPM certification is helpful in increasing salary by 25%. But it can vary on many other factors such as country, job description, etc. CAPM-certified professionals can demand higher packages than non-certified professionals. In fact, employers also prefer certified professionals instead of non-certified professionals and are interested in offering better incentives to have expert/skilled professionals on board.
So, in the end, we can say that CAPM certification can help you climb the corporate ladder quickly. It works as an essential stepping-stone for project managers as well as for executive-level professionals. Due to the high demand for qualified project management practitioners, it is worth opting for CAPM certification as per market requirements.