Now and again, when you need to print a document, you click “Print,” but nothing happens. These steps are required to change your printer status from offline to online. A normal scenario. The printer menu shows you a message stating that the printer is offline. You can quickly and easily get your printer online by following a few simple steps. Sometimes printing is not possible. Sometimes, the device or computer may think the printer is offline, but the printer has turned on and is ready to print. An error between the printer and your computer could cause this. Sometimes, it’s as easy as a cable not being attached correctly or an error caused by a paper jam.
Read More About: Why hp printer showing offline
A printer that displays ” an ” error could also be due to problems with the printer driver or software. It could be due to the age of your printer or if you have installed any updates.
This printer offline-to-online troubleshooting tool can be used with any printer, including Brother, Canon and Epson, and HP.
How do I get my offline printer to work again online?
Follow each step to ensure you get all the items when fixing your printer offline to online.
Physical Printer and Cable Checks
Make sure both ends of your USB cable are securely inserted. Ensure the Ethernet cable is securely inserted if the printer is connected to the network. You can check the internet connection of your printer to see if it is wireless.
Are you connecting by cable? Try using the end to connect the printer cable to multiple ports on your device.
Try using another thread to ensure that the problem is more than just with the cable. You can attach a line to your network device or computer to check if your printer is functioning. Your network connection could be the problem.
How to manually set the printer to “Online.”
- Click the Start icon at the bottom of your screen and choose Control Panel. Next, select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer and choose “See what’s Printing.”
- Fine “Printer” in the menu bar.
- Choose “Use Printer Online” in the drop-down menu.
All pending print jobs should be removed.
Right-click on the “See What’s Printing” menu and select “Cancel.”
After the print jobs are deleted, click “Use Printer Online” again.
You can restate your printer and PC if you have any remaining print jobs.
Removing and reinstalling your printer
Right-click the printer in Devices and Printers and choose “Remove device.”
Select the Add a Printer option under Devices and Printers.
How to remove printer drivers and packages
- You must sign in as an administrator to Windows.
- In the search bar, type CMD.
- At the command prompt, type printui/s/t2,” and the spaces will be added to the Print Server Properties window.
- Now, remove the driver and package for the printer.
- Select Add a Printer From Devices and Printers to add your printer.
- Now your printer should be online, so you can continue printing.
- If the problem persists, contact the printer manufacturer or a technician.
- Sometimes, buying a new printer might be cheaper than fixing the problem.
You can also get your printer online in another way. These are the steps:
- You can use the online service to order your printer. Click on “Settings,” then “Printers.” Right-click the printer to open it and choose “Use Printer Online.”
- Clear out any print jobs by checking if they are present. Double-click on the printer you wish to use.
- Click on “Printer Menu” to select “Cancel All Files.”
- Printers that are jammed or have jobs may show errors and turn off.
- To get the printer online again, print a second time. To verify that the error is fixed, print a test page.
- Turn the printer off and find it.
- You should check to make sure that the printer is straightforward.
- To ensure that all connections work, check all wireless connections. Restart your device or computer.
If that fails, you’ll need to reinstall drivers.
- Go to “Settings,” then “Printers” to reinstall drivers. Select the printer you wish to reinstall.
- Right-click the printer to open “Properties.”
- Look for the driver button under the “General” and “Details” tabs. Select it, then choose the driver.
- The driver may be available on the manufacturer’s site.
- Reinstall the printer. Go back to “Settings” and select “Printers.”
- You can delete the printer from your menu and reinstall it using the “Add printer wizard.”
- Download the most recent printer driver from your printer manufacturer’s site.
These simple steps can be used if this fails:
- Click “Start,” then choose the “Devices and Printers folder. You can also type “Devices and printers” into the search bar. To open the settings menu, type “Printers.”
- Right-click on the icon to print. It could be part of your device name or printer’s name. Check your device if you’re unsure. Click on the “See What’s Printing?” option.
- Or, Left-Click on the printer to select “Manage Device.”
- In the new window, click the “Printer” button. Uncheck “Use Printer Offline.” All items in your printer’s print queue will be printed.
- You can save 10% when you shop with Internet-ink. We are a trusted online printer ink supplier and have the lowest printing ink prices.
What does it mean if your printer is not working?
This error message can be very frustrating. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean your printer is damaged. An offline printer can’t communicate with the device sending the print jobs.
A printer that is not online cannot receive or process new print jobs. It’s best to stop all print jobs until the problem is resolved. After you have read our troubleshooting guide, do not send any further print requests to your offline printer. You may have to cancel print jobs in the printer queue until you are back online.
Getting your printer online quickly
If you’re wondering why your HP printer isn’t working, then know that you are not the only one. Nearly every printer owner will experience this problem at least once. This issue can be more prevalent if you have an older printer, a wirelessly connected printer, or if your operating system and printer drivers last updated a while ago.
You can go through these steps each time you encounter this problem until you find a solution. You can print again without dealing with the hassles and costs associated with canon lbp6230dw wireless setup repairs.