Have you been considering marble flooring for your home but want to know the cost per square foot? Are you curious about what goes into determining the price of marble flooring? In this article, we’ll take a look at all the factors that go into determining how much marble flooring will cost you, so you can make an informed decision when it comes time to choose.
Introduction: Benefits of Marble Flooring
If you’re considering adding marble flooring to your home, you’re probably wondering how much it will cost. It depends on several factors, including the size of your project, the type of marble you choose, and whether you install it yourself or hire a professional.
But in addition to its upfront cost, marble flooring has a number of other benefits that make it a wise investment for your home. Here are just a few of the reasons why marble flooring is worth the investment:
- Marble is Durable: Marble is a very strong and durable material, which makes it ideal for high-traffic areas like entryways and kitchens. Marble floors are also resistant to scratches and stains, so you can enjoy them for a long time.
- Marble is Easy to Clean: Marble floors require little maintenance to keep them clean. You won’t have to worry about special cleaners or harsh chemicals – a little sweeping and mopping will keep your floors looking like new.
- Marble Adds Value to Your Home: Because marble floors are so desirable, they can add significant value to your home if you ever decide to sell. If you install marble floors in high-traffic areas like the kitchen or entryway, you could see even more of a return on your investment.
Types of Marble Flooring and Their Costs Per Square Foot
Today, Marble flooring comes in several types, each with its own unique benefits and drawbacks. Here is a quick rundown of the most popular types of marble flooring, along with their estimated costs per square foot:
Polished Marble Flooring: Polished marble floors have a high-gloss finish that reflects light and makes for a stunning visual effect. However, this type of flooring is also more susceptible to scratches and stains than other types of marble. Expect to pay around Rs 40-50 per square foot for polished marble flooring.
Honed Marble Flooring: Honed marble floors have a matte finish that gives them a more natural look. Furthermore, they are less likely to show scratches and stains, making them a good choice for high-traffic areas. Honed marble flooring typically costs around Rs 30-40 per square foot.
Tumbled Marble Flooring: Several homeowners find tumbled marble flooring attractive because it has a rustic, aged look. It is also relatively scratch- and stain-resistant. Tumbled marble typically costs Rs 20-30 per square foot.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Marble Flooring
The overall cost of marble flooring for your home depends on a few factors.
- The first thing to consider is the type of marble you select. There are many types of marble available on the market, each one with a unique look and price.
- In addition, the size of your project will affect the cost, as it will require more material and labour.
- Your design’s complexity is the third factor. A more intricate design will take more time to install and will likely be more expensive.
- Finally, The cost of marble flooring is also affected by your location. If you live in an area with a higher cost of living, you can expect to pay more for your marble flooring project.
How to Save Money on Marble Flooring
Marble is a luxurious and high-end flooring option, but it can also be expensive. The average cost of marble flooring is Rs 45 – Rs 70 per square foot installed.
1. Get multiple quotes from different suppliers to compare prices. Shop around for the best price.
2. Look for discounts or special promotions. Many retailers offer discounts on flooring during certain times of the year.
3. Consider cheaper alternatives. There are many types of faux marble flooring options that can give you the same look for a fraction of the price.
Maintenance Tips for Marble Flooring
When it comes to marble flooring, proper maintenance is key to keeping it looking its best. Keep your marble floors in tip-top shape by following these tips:
- Regularly sweep or vacuum the floor to remove dirt and debris.
- When cleaning, use a mild detergent or soap and avoid harsh chemicals.
- Mop with clean water, and dry the floor afterwards to prevent water stains.
- Polish regularly to maintain the shine, and re-seal every few years for added protection.
Choosing the Right Type of Marble Flooring:
When choosing marble flooring for your home, it’s important to consider both aesthetics and durability. Some kinds of marble are more durable than others, making them ideal for high-traffic areas. Other types of marble are more delicate, making them better suited for low-traffic areas or areas that will not see a lot of wear and tear.
Once you’ve decided on the type of marble flooring you’d like to install, it’s time to choose a colour scheme. Marble comes in many different colours and patterns, so take some time to browse through samples before making your final decision. If you want a low-maintenance option, choose a white or light marble. Darker marble will show dirt and footprints more easily than lighter marble.
Marble flooring is a stunning, luxurious option for any home. It’s an investment that will last the test of time and can be enjoyed by everyone who visits your home. Depending on the type of marble you choose, marble is an expensive material per square foot. Before making this decision, make sure to compare quotes from different suppliers and take into account installation costs as well. With the right research and planning, marble flooring could be just what you need to give your home a unique touch of style.
I am Ayushi Bung a content writer for RK Marbles India and was born and raised in Jaipur. I have been passionate about White marble since my childhood, which has led me on a life-long journey of research, exploration and innovation within the natural stone industry.