Citizens of Ecuador can apply for different types of electronic visas to visit India. The process of applying is simple and can easily be done online. Ecuadorians need to fill out an application INDIAN VISA FOR ECUADOR CITIZENS form, wait for its approval, and, finally, receive their online travel permit in their email inbox.
The government of India introduced in 2004 an electronic visa known as India eVisa which is now available to more than 160 countries.
What Visa Do I Need to Visit India From Ecuador?
Ecuador is one of the eligible countries that are able to apply for an Indian electronic visa in order to travel to India. This new online system has made the whole process less time-consuming and more accessible for applicants who wish to obtain the visa.
Therefore, there is no need to visit embassies or consulates because the application, visa payment, and document submission can all be done through the internet.
Depending on the purpose of the visit, Ecuadorians nationals have the option to apply for the following types of Indian visas:
- A tourist visa. The single-entry eTourist visa allows Ecuadorian travelers to stay in the country for a period of up to 90 days. Visitors have **one year to arrive in India** after the approval of this visa
- A business visa. The double-entry eBusiness visa allows stays of up to 180 days in total. Business visa holders from Ecuador have one year to arrive in India after approval of the visa
- A medical visa. The eMedical visa for India allows holders to enter India **three times in total** to seek short-term medical treatment. Ecuadorian applicants with this visa can stay in the country for a maximum of 60 days
The Indian visa application for Ecuadorian citizens requires the submission of certain information:
- Personal information
- Professional information
- Educational information
- Travel history
- Place of stay
Applicants from Ecuador must know each type of Indian visa has its INDIAN VISA FOR FIJI CITIZENS own requirements. For instance, the Business eVisa to India requires to present a business letter or business card.
What Documents Do Ecuadorians Need to Get an Indian Visa?
In order to apply for the Indian visa, visitors from Ecuador will need to have the following documents:
- A functioning email address
- A valid debit/credit card to pay the processing fee
- An active passport from Ecuador that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India
Moreover, Ecuadorians will need to comply with the India eVisa eligibility requirements that determine whether or not a visa application is successful:
- The maximum length of stay on an Indian eTourist visa is 90 days. There are strict rules related to overstaying an Indian visa
- Every traveler must have their own passport regardless of their age
- Parents cannot list their children on their eVisa application. Each Ecuadorian child traveling to India will require his/her own eVisa application
- Must have a return ticket or ticket of onward travel while applying for the Indian eVisa
- Can apply for the Indian eVisa a maximum of two times during a given year
- Have sufficient funds to cover their stay in India
- The eVisa cannot be used for entry into restricted/prohibited areas or cantonment areas
Citizens of Ecuador should keep in mind that the Indian electronic visa is non-convertible and non-extendible.
Travelers are also advised to consult a doctor before traveling in order to make sure they have all the necessary vaccinations to visit India.
Note: Travelers that hold a diplomatic passport or international travel documents cannot apply for an Indian eVisa.
How Can Ecuadorian Citizens Apply for an Indian Visa?
The application consists of 3 easy steps and it only takes about 20 minutes to be completed:
- Fill out the online application form. Travelers must make sure to complete all the spaces. All information entered must match the passport information
- Pay the visa processing fees with a valid credit or debit card
- Download and print the Indian e-visa. This document must be presented to the immigration authorities upon arrival
Other health-related questions will need to be completed by Ecuadorians, as well as some fields about possible criminal records before traveling to India.
Apply for e-Visa
How Long Does it Take for an Indian Visa to be Approved From Ecuador?
Ecuadorians must apply for the Indian visa at least 4 days prior to the intended trip, since it may take 2 to 4 business days to receive the approval of the Indian visa.
In case of approval, the traveler will receive the electronic visa via email and should print out a copy to present at the airport. It is recommended to keep a copy of the approved electronic visa at all times during the stay in India.
Visitors should verify if the information and documents provided on the application are correct. If any mistake is found, the process of approval may take longer or the government may even reject the application.
Process for Ecuadorian Citizens to complete the Indian e-Visa Application
The Indian Visa for Ecuadorian citizens (passport holder) is available in electronic application form since 2014. This is online Indian Visa Application Process which doesn’t need any paper based formalities to be completed by the Ecuadorian residents. This process is accessible on this website as officially supported by the Government of India under the eVisa India regime.
India e-Visa is official document permitting entry into and travel within India to Ecuadorian residents residents and citizens for the reasons for tourism, the travel industry, clinical visits, conferences, yoga, courses, workshops, deal and exchange, humanitarian effort and other business adventures on this new system of Indian e-Visa.
Indian Visa from Ecuador can be procured online and applicants can pay using United States Dollar or any of the 135 currencies including Debit/Credit/Paypal.
Indian Visa for Ecuadorian Citizens can be acquired in simple and easy manner. The process is as simple as filling an online form in few minutes, easy to complete payment method to finish Indian Online Visa Application form.
Is there a requirement for Ecuadorian Citizens to visit Indian Embassy at any stage?
When Indian Visa from Ecuador is applied online there is no requirement at any stage to visit Indian Embassy or Indian Consulate. Once the eVisa for India is received by email, you can go to the Airport.
You do not have to visit Indian Embassy for any confirmation or stamp on the passport. There is no need to see Indian Embassy.
Indian Visa Online is recorded in the central computer system of the Government of India, the Immigration Officers can access this information from any Airport of the world. Your name and passport number and Ecuadorian Nationality is recorded in the computer system.
Ecuadorian citizens are required to either keep a soft copy of email received on Phone/Computer/Tablet or printed copy and carry the eVisa to the airport. There is no stamp requirement on the passport for Ecuadorian citizens for the electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) that is sent in an email.