Do you know what the most important part of having a business is? It’s not about how successful your product or service is, and it’s not about how unique your idea was. The most important thing about having any kind of business is about simple planning. Most people think that this process has to be complicated and time consuming, but when you actually look into it, it doesn’t have to be difficult at all! This article will show you how easy simple planning really can be if you follow these easy steps!
Define your business goals
Small business coaching is the process of making sure your business has a strong foundation. It’s important to get clarity on what you want out of your business, what makes you unique, and what your competition looks like. This will give you a strong foundation to launch your idea off of and keep it running smoothly. Your small business coach can help identify key parts of your plan: identifying goals for growth, evaluating strengths and weaknesses, creating marketing strategy for current customers and attracting new customers. Your coach can also help with logistics: estimating financial needs, creating an accurate timeline for both short-term and long-term goals, creating or finding an organizational structure that suits your needs best (whether it be traditional or virtual).
Do your research
I’m a small business coach and I see a lot of people struggling to plan their business. The reason is that they don’t take the time to think through what they’re doing, they just go with their gut feeling or what feels right in the moment. But that’s not enough when you have other people relying on you for their livelihood. That’s why I strongly recommend starting with a strong foundation and looking at things like your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats before you start putting together your plan. This way, you’ll have a much stronger chance of success because your entire team will be working from the same page.
Simplify your plan
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by all of the steps in the business creation process. But don’t worry, you don’t have to do them all at once! Creating a timeline is a great way to break down your tasks and get started on what you want your company to be.
Here are some steps for creating your own simple timeline:
Decide on your goal: What do you want from this business?
Brainstorm what needs to happen: Take a pen and paper and write everything that has to happen in order for your idea to become reality.
Break out the major milestones: What are five important things that need to happen in order for this idea or company to come together?
Create a timeline
- Figure out what you want to do.
- Create a plan to make it happen.
- Do it!
- Repeat until your goals are accomplished or you get bored. Now that’s simple planning, but we’ve also got some business plans for those of you who like them:
- Write down your mission statement and core values.
- Determine your end goal and the key activities that will help achieve it.
- Brainstorm how best to reach your audience and select the right platforms for reaching them through various media channels including social media, blogs, email marketing etc.
- List all of the benefits they will receive by choosing to work with you over competitors, especially any tangible benefits they’ll get (like saving money). Include any discounts/incentives that might be offered when using their services (i.e., sign up now.