some point in their life. Blame it on the poor eating habits, or the lifestyle that we have developed today. The major contributing factor to hemorrhoids is lack of fiber in the diet, not drinking enough water, etc. When an individual suffers from hemorrhoids, it becomes difficult for the person to perform their daily tasks to such an extent that they may not be able to sit down for longer periods. Therefore for instant relief, many people try various home treatments. And some have claimed that apple cider vinegar for hemorrhoid treatment is effective.
How can apple cider vinegar help in the treatment of hemorrhoids?
Apple cider vinegar is widely known for treating various health conditions. Some of which are ulcers, heartburn, toothaches, dandruff, and acne. They are also known to help address constipation. It contains acetic acid that helps promote digestion thereby relieving you from bloating. Furthermore, it also helps in regulating bile flow in the body which helps in addressing the issue of constipation.
It contains anti-inflammatory properties which are very effective in easing hemorrhoid symptoms. The pain and discomfort are greatly reduced as the swelling and irritations are reduced. However, not all types of apple cider vinegar are helpful. Only the vinegar with the mother will work in treating hemorrhoids as it contains enzymes and nutrients that help indigestion.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hemorrhoids Treatment?
- Make a solution with equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water in a bowl. To improve the taste add some honey.
- Clean the affected area with soap and warm water. Use a cotton ball to dip it in the solution. And apply the soaked cotton balls directly to the affected area.
- Let it stay for about 2 minutes or so and then rinse it off with clean water. Gently pat it dry with a towel.
- If you still feel the stinging sensation then wash it off again with warm water and soap thoroughly to rinse off the vinegar properly.
- To get rid of the hemorrhoids completely, repeat the process twice daily. Also, apply the solution after every bowel movement to ensure that it does not reoccur.
For Internal Use
Taking two spoons of apple cider vinegar before breakfast might help address the issue of constipation. However, the best way is to take apple cider vinegar with some honey before you go to sleep. Why honey? Well, the taste of apple cider vinegar is quite strong and therefore might not be palatable for some. The addition of honey makes it easier to consume.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Sitz Bath
Sitz bath in itself is known to be very helpful in treating hemorrhoids. Take a cup of water and mix two tablespoons of ACV in a bathtub of warm water. Soak your lower part in the water for about 10 minutes twice daily. Continue using the sitz bath till your condition improves.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Hemorrhoids Symptoms
To alleviate the symptoms of hemorrhoids, you can try using apple cider vinegar ice cubes. It will help in alleviating the itchiness, swelling, bleeding, irritation, burning, pain, and any other symptoms associated with it. You can make the apple cider vinegar ice cube just like you make the regular ice cube. Do not add any water to it.
However, if the symptoms persist and you do not see any improvement in your condition then it’s time to consult a doctor