It can be a daunting task, to try to figure out how to pack up your pictures and mirrors so that they don’t get damaged in the move. But don’t worry, we’re here to help you with how to pack pictures and Mirrors for moving and will tell you some details about the Uhaul Help.
Start with supplies and preparation
You’ll need some supplies before you start packing up your pictures and mirrors. Gather together:
- Picture boxes (or any box that will fit your pictures/mirrors snugly)
- Packing paper
- Bubble wrap
- Packing peanuts
- Corner protectors
Now that you have all of your supplies, it’s time to start preparing your pictures and mirrors for their journey.
Here are a few tips on how to pack pictures and mirrors:
- Remove all pictures and mirrors from the walls. This includes taking down any nails or hooks that they are hung on.
- Once you have everything down, give each frame a once-over to check for any damage that might have occurred while it was hanging on the wall. Make any necessary repairs now, before you start packing them up.
- If you need to move anything with glass, be sure to protect it first. You can use bubble cushioning, Glassine, or both on top of the glass. Secure everything with tape just in case.
- To keep the glass from shattering, place an “X” over it using the artist’s tape.
- Next, wrap each frame individually in packing paper, using as many layers as necessary to make sure the frame is completely covered. Tape the packing paper securely in place.
- Once all of your frames are wrapped, it’s time to start packing them into boxes.
- Place the wrapped pictures and mirrors in a sturdy box. You may need to use multiple boxes if you have a lot of items.
- Fill any empty spaces in the box with packing peanuts or crumpled-up newspaper so that the items don’t shift around.
- Then, place the wrapped frames into the box, making sure to fill any empty spaces with packing paper so that the frames aren’t moving around during the move.
- Attach packing tape to the mirror and picture box. Make sure you label the box with the corresponding mirror or photo frame. On every side, write “FRAGILE” on a piece of tape.
- Following these simple tips will help ensure that your pictures and mirrors arrive at your new home safe and sound!
Safety tips while doing so
Here are some safety tips you should keep in mind while packing pictures and mirrors:
- Wear gloves while handling the glass to avoid cuts.
- Lift with your legs, not your back, to avoid strains or injuries.
- Wrap each item individually, and secure it with packing tape.
- Stack heavier items on the bottom of the box and lighter items on top.
- Use packing paper or bubble wrap to secure the glass in place and prevent it from shattering.
- Be extra careful with corners and edges- use bubble wrap or towels for extra protection.
- Pack pictures and mirrors in separate boxes to avoid breakage.
- Tape all of the edges of the box closed to prevent it from opening during the move.
- Use packing paper, not a newspaper, to avoid ink smudging your belongings.
- Seal the box with packing tape, and label it accordingly.
- Label the box as “Fragile” in big, bold letters on all sides.
When it comes to packing pictures and mirrors, always err on the side of caution to avoid breakage. It’s better to be safe than sorry! Wrap glass surfaces with packing paper or bubble wrap and secure in place with tape.
Now that you know how to pack pictures and mirrors, you can rest assured that your precious memories will arrive at your new home safe and sound!
Packing pictures and mirrors may seem like a daunting task, but with a little bit of preparation, it’s easy to do! Just make sure to use packing paper and bubble wrap to protect your frames, and fill any empty spaces in the box so that nothing moves around during the move. Label your boxes clearly, and you’ll be all set! And never forget to take the advantage of moving discounts through the Uhaul Promo Codes.