When it comes to your child, every parent out there wants to ensure that they are providing the best to their children. Well, the concern is even more profound when it comes to the oral health of your child. As a parent, you probably don’t even waste a day consulting a Hutchinson dentist if you see your child sneeze twice or thrice by chance.
However, often in the cover of these familiar yet general severe health issues, dental health gets overlooked. But that doesn’t mean that it isn’t essential; somewhat, it is equally concerning. Childhood is the time when the complete growth of dentures occurs. So, an eye of negligence at this time might leave your child with a severe dental illness shortly.
So, the best way to ensure your child’s dental health from the beginning is to appoint a pediatric dentist. Well, you must be wondering what that is! Let’s find out then!
What Is A Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentists are medical professionals specially trained to care for all kinds of dental problems in children from infancy to adolescence. They are highly qualified and educated about all the little details related to a child’s gum, teeth, and mouth.
Why Consult A Pediatric Dentist?
A child goes through a hectic state of oral development throughout his childhood. The milk teeth start appearing around six months and are eventually replaced by a permanent set of teeth in later life. The process of replacement begins around 6-7 years of age.
Lacking adequate dental care this time, children may develop oral diseases and decay that could result in discomfort and issues for the rest of their lives. For example, an infectious condition called preschool dental caries is five times more prevalent in kids than asthma and seven times more frequent than hay fever. Twenty percent of kids between the ages of 5 and 11 have, at minimum, one uncorrected decaying tooth.
So, it is evident that this time is crucial for your child and you as a parent. So, appointing a pediatric dentist in Hutchinson, KS, is the best person who can ensure better dental health for your child with his unique skills.
A pediatric dentist must go through a lot to deserve the title. Apart from a bachelor’s degree from a registered dental school, they must qualify for numerous competitive exams to become a dental surgeon.
Following graduation, they need to specialize in the field they opt for. A few fields are
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
- Restorative Dentistry
- Preventative Care
On top of that, the candidates must pass several tests to get board-certified by Commission on Dental Accreditation (CDA) to be granted a pediatric dentist.
Pediatric dentistry is a part of the special medical care for a child in this age group. These medical professionals offer a wide range of unique oral and dental treatments to all little ones, whether infants or teenagers.
- They perform expert oral examinations for dental caries and damage in infants and mothers. This helps diagnose any risk at the earliest phase, thus leading to a better chance of recovery.
- They look after the nutrition and diet of your child, which plays a great part in developing the oral cavity and related structure in childhood. If there’s a chance of an issue, they provide the best preventive care possible.
- The biggest issue with a child is that he doesn’t know what’s good and bad. Most children suck their fingers or put random objects in their mouths. But this results in poor oral hygiene leading to dental caries. This is why you need a dentist who will take care of these habits of your child from the very beginning.
- Regular checkups allow you to asses any oral problem at the earliest so immediate treatment can be started. In case the framework of your child’s teeth is somehow getting affected, or they are experiencing improper bite, your dentist will take care of the shape and pattern before it’s too late.
- A specialized dentist makes the management of gum illnesses and disorders, such as pediatric periodontal disease, short frenulum, mucoceles, and ulcers, more accessible and safer.
Now You Know!
Well, with that, you now have an idea of what it will feel like if you have a specialized dentist for your child. So, what are you waiting for? Appoint one and secure the future of your child. If you are looking for one, you can reach out to an expert pediatric dentist in Hutchinson, KS.