Think of some of the biggest cities in the world right away! Maybe New York, London, and Paris are in your dreams.
However, just in the first quarter of 2022, approximately 2.2 million tourists visited Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Numerous American visitors observed sights in the city that they could not have seen anywhere else. Dubai is also famous for real estate investment in apartments for sale in Downtown Dubai or apartments for sale in Business Bay. If you are aware of some crucial Dubai-related information, you can do the same.
1. Dubai was founded in the early 18th century by a tribe of Bani Yas from what is now Abu Dhabi.
2. Dubai’s modern history began with the opening of the port of Dubai in 1892 by the British East India Company.
3. Dubai became a British protectorate in 1891 and gained full independence from Britain in 1971.
4. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) was formed in 1971 with Dubai as one of its seven emirates.
5. Dubai is located on the southeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula, in the country of the United Arab Emirates.
6. Dubai covers an area of 3,885 square kilometers (1,488 square miles).
7. Dubai is the second-largest emirate in the UAE, after Abu Dhabi.
8. Dubai is the most populous city in the UAE with a population of 2,262,000 (2014).
9. Arabs make up the majority of Dubai’s population (80%), while expatriates from India and Pakistan make up the largest minority groups (9% and 6%, respectively).
10. Islam is the official religion of Dubai and Arabic is its official language.
11. The currency of Dubai is the dirham (AED), which is pegged to the US dollar at a rate of AED 3.67 = USD 1.00.
12. Dubai has a tropical desert climate with hot, humid summers and warm, sunny winters.
13. Dubai is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, attracting over 10 million visitors each year.
14. Dubai is home to the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, which stands at 828 meters (2,717 feet).
15. The Palm Jumeirah artificial island is home to some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, including the Atlantis and the One&Only Royal Mirage.
16. Dubai is also home to the world’s largest shopping mall, the Dubai Mall, which covers an area of 1 million square meters (10 million square feet).
17. Dubai is famous for its luxury lifestyle and its many mega-projects, such as the Palm Islands artificial islands and the Burj Khalifa skyscraper.
18. Dubai has been nicknamed the “City of Gold” due to its booming gold trade, and is also known as the “Shopping Capital of the Middle East”.
19. Dubai is a major transport hub for the Middle East and is served by two international airports, Dubai International Airport and Al Maktoum International Airport.
It goes without saying that some of these Dubai-related statistics may shock you. Dubai is a very young and dry city. Yet it serves as a center for religion, business, and culture.
The Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Miracle Garden are just two of the many attractions you may enjoy while simultaneously taking in the stunning architecture and exotic animals.
But you must observe proper protocol. During Ramadan, you should refrain from showing your affection, criticizing the administration, and acting provocatively.
We had the good fortune to travel to Dubai and enjoy all that it has to offer. Hopefully, these Dubai facts will give you a better understanding of the city and inspire you to book a trip there.