Winter is the year’s season when you need to take more care of your newborn while respiting from the summer heat & rainy humidity. The delicate skin of babies needs protection from chilly winds, which can often rob off the plumpness & natural moisture of the skin.
Baby massage in winter becomes essential to protect their skin from getting dry and chapped. That’s why many parents often like to shop almond oil for newborn babies to massage.
Read on to know if baby massages are good in winters or not?
Why Massage Your Baby in Winter?
The baby’s skin is very delicate, and during the winter season, it often gets dry and rough. However, a good massage with baby oil, especially sweet almond oil, keeps the skin well-nourished & moisturized.
Moreover, massage with oil prevents the baby from cold and provides a natural heat to the baby, making them feel comfortable & relaxed during the winter.
Tips to Massage Baby during Winter
- Before you start the massage, rub your hands together to warm your palms to touch your baby’s body.
- Always ensure that there is no source of external winds entering the room during the massage.
- Massage the baby for about 7-8 minutes until enough oil gets absorbed by the skin.
- Don’t bathe the baby immediately after the massage, as the body is warm due to the massage. You can bathe the baby after 10-15 minutes.
- Ensure to keep the toddler warm during the bathing time.
Top Benefits of Baby Massage in winter Season
There are lots of excellent benefits of baby massage in winter, and some of these are:
- Improves blood Circulation – The movement of the finger over a baby’s body stimulates blood circulation and provides a better oxygen supply to other organs.
- Builds Immunity – Regular massage of the baby with sweet almond oil boosts the immune system by flushing out the toxins from the body and enhancing white blood cells.
- Keep Baby Warm – One of the top reasons to use sweet almond oil in winters is that it helps keep warm and prevents cough & cold.
- Relaxes & Improve sleep quality– Massage promotes sleep and stays active the whole day by soothing the muscles and making the baby feel more relaxed.
- Strengthen Bones – Daily massage helps lubricate the joints that strengthen the bones, joints, and muscles.
- Facilitates weight gain – Oil massage is one of the best ways to improve digestion, make your baby healthy and facilitate positive weight gain.
- Moisturize the skin – Sweet almond oil is packed with natural ingredients that moisturize the skin and prevent dryness during winters.
The Bottom Line
It’s essential to massage your baby during the cold weather, and you must use only good-quality oil. For this, you can buy care almond oil from Little Rituals. The sweet almond oil is 100% organic plant-based cold-pressed, ensuring all the vitamins and minerals in the oil.
So, start massaging your baby and protect your baby from cough & cold in winter.
Also Check : idevicedailys