Inherent Multipurpose Features The biggest benefit of using SharePoint app development is its flexibility. As one of the most privileged and legendary collaborative platform serving as DMS, CMS and Intranet, SharePoint Development helps you to fulfill all internal requirements of your company like scheduling, business contact search, information and document sharing, corporate website, etc. SharePoint also offers well-defined capabilities for social networking, document sharing, file management, information management, and competent organization of day-to-day business operations.
The default features and functionality are already perfectly configured, but if your company requires modifications, you can easily work on customizing SharePoint to adapt it to your needs. With MS SharePoint, you can customize the interface of the entire application to fit perfectly with your brand identity while improving the overall employee experience of using the app.
Easy management of the app is another great advantage that SharePoint offers. Administrators can quickly access all operational features, from security settings to performance recovery, update privileges, site backups, site data, etc. through a single dashboard.
Collaboration and information management
SharePoint allows organizations to organize their information and access it instantly when needed. Another big advantage of SharePoint is the streamlined information flow, coupled with cloud storage, which allows users to access the information they want whenever they want. Furthermore, when your employees are always informed, they are able to meet all deadlines, understand the shared company strategy, make informed decisions and contribute well to the organization. Finally, file sharing is a matter of a few simple clicks. This exceptional mobility offered by SharePoint makes it more appreciated in the IT world.
You can integrate all of your shared work and site using SharePoint Online and greatly reduce the cost of maintaining a separate system. Consolidating Internet and intranet sites makes it a breeze for your internal IT team to manage and access internal information.
Simple Integration With MS SharePoint
You get seamless integration with every system, whether it’s a legacy enterprise system or a third-party app your business uses. MS SharePoint seamlessly integrates with MS Office Suite (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word), MS Exchange Server, MS Unified Communication, ERP, CRM and many other back-offices. Also, these SharePoint compatibilities are not limited to SharePoint Online or Internet Explorer, they work very well for all other modern browser types as well.
The advanced security features of SharePoint are among the best things you can get from this platform. With SharePoint’s multi-level security system, the risks of data theft and unauthorized access are significantly reduced. Workflow updates and authentication improvements are some of the outstanding security features to mention. Data integrity also remains reliable as information sharing and access is streamlined. Other modifications, access permissions and security configurations can also be defined at the document and user level.
SharePoint is used to protect
Your highly sensitive data by allowing you to configure security settings at various levels to control chargeability, archiving and auditing to achieve better compliance with industry regulatory requirements for data security.
Assisted design and ease of use When using SharePoint, there is no need to hire additional staff or team of experts to deal with the database management system or to design the website. With MS SharePoint, you can use tools to develop customized solutions that can enable you to accurately meet your business needs. SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server have application programming interfaces (APIs) to perform all of these processes. Using the built-in features of SharePoint, you can significantly reduce costs when aiming for custom app development.
With SharePoint Online you can create, share, edit and publish your content on various websites both internally and externally and also on social media platforms. The social networking capabilities of SharePoint make it even easier for users to share ideas, content, information and updates. SharePoint users can also publish Office 365 documents on this platform and also within and outside the corporate system. Similarly, users can also create and edit tasks using their laptops or mobile phones and convert them into different formats like PDF, Excel, Word, etc.
Fast and streamlined business process
SharePoint makes collecting and organizing data easier than ever. Whether it is interacting with your business partners, gathering information from your supplier, or consistent communication with your customers and stakeholders; SharePoint lets you do all of this. Users can now create intelligent business portals that can display their data in the form of scorecards, web parts, dashboards, etc. These features enable employees to make informed decisions, track and note market trends or customer preferences, and also predict possible fluctuations in supply and demand.
SharePoint include the following:
- Windows SharePoint Services (WSS): Provides core functionality and content services
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS): Provides additional functionality on the underlying WSS layer and end-user solutions that react with the repository or storage location
- Microsoft Search Server: Serves as an enterprise search engine for advanced indexing and searching capabilities
- Described by Microsoft as Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Business Process Management (BPM), SharePoint is also being adopted by enterprises for social networking, business intelligence (BI), system and process integration, and workflow automation.
Microsoft introduces its SharePoint products and technologies which include the following:
- SharePoint Online: Provides a Microsoft-hosted, cloud-based service; businesses can subscribe to Office 365 to create a custom shareable site
- SharePoint Foundation: Serves as the primary technology for SharePoint sites
- SharePoint Server: Includes features and capabilities for on-premise deployment and management
- SharePoint Designer: Design, build and customize SharePoint websites, web pages and workflow solutions; sites can range from a content management system for a small project management team to a dashboard-driven portal for a large enterprise
- SharePoint Workspace: Take content off the network for offline collaboration; the changes sync back to the SharePoint site
- SkyDrive Pro Folder Sync: Sync offline versions of a SharePoint site to a folder on your desktop
- Teams will start SharePoint by signing into Office 365 and accessing the SharePoint entry points. Colleagues can tune into conversations and see up-to-date activity by accessing the Newsfeed.
What is SharePoint and why use it for your business
SharePoint is one of the key tools in the Microsoft 365 suite.
Introduced in 2003, its primary objective was to revolutionize traditional personal and business document management systems, thanks to Microsoft cloud storage.
This has allowed users to store, organize, share and access useful documents and information from all devices and from wherever they are. The only requirement: an internet connection.
However, Microsoft has continued to update its flagship tool and not only has it been able to improve the file storage system (a subject that we will see in detail later in this article), but it has also managed to broaden the scope of SharePoint, turning it into a content management platform.
In other words, SharePoint has become one of the best tools on the market today for creating private sites .